Thursday, November 04, 2004

Perhaps I Spoke Too Soon

I spent much of yesterday in a funk about my country, especially how fucked-up my fellow Americans seem to be based on how the majority of them voted. But already there is compelling evidence that the election was stolen with the aide of electronic voting machines in swing states: exit polling does not match the results for those counties with only e-voting, although it matches exactly in the case of counties with paper ballots. And the e-voting counties went for Bush by a margin of around 5% over that indicated by exit polls...

It's still a terrible time in American history, but at least my faith in my fellow Americans has been somewhat restored. Now, of course, the question remains: what are we going to do about it?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home